Fort Wayne Community Schools - Systems Development
Fort Wayne Community Schools has an extensive list of computerized business systems. These include Student Management, Human Resources, Payroll, Accounting, and Transportation Management - to name just a few.
It is the responsibility of the Systems Development staff to implement, maintain and support these systems, many of which are built in-house by the programmers here at FWCS. Our dedicated professionals help keep the district running!
Steve White - Supervisor
Donley Bell - Transportation
Katina Ehrman - Human Resources and Payroll
Aaron Gernhardt - Data Warehouse
Barb Goes - Student Management
Matthew Kithara - Enterprise Reporting & Development
Corey Kling - Project Coordinator; Web Development
Ryan McAtee - Enterprise Reporting & Development
Robert McCoy - Enterprise Reporting & Development
Carolyn Perry - Student Management
Jeff Phillips - Student Management
Gregory Simon - Nutrition Services
Jennie Simon - Enterprise Reporting & Development
RosaAna Smith - Accounting and Purchasing
Shirley Strope - State Reporting
What We Do
- Research and analyze a wide range of technology solutions based on district needs.
- Select, implement and modify packaged software systems to meet those needs.
- Design and develop custom systems where necessary to meet special requirements.
- Integrate our various business systems to create a connected, cohesive data environment.
- Maintain and support all systems to ensure efficient operation.
- Provide technical support and assistance to personnel concerning the operation of these systems.
Our Strategic Goals
- Design and implement creative technology solutions that address the District's educational and business needs.
- Deliver high quality, easy to use systems that are well accepted, quickly adopted, and significantly improve productivity for their users.
- Deliver systems in a consistent, timely manner such that technology makes a notable impact on the district each and every year.
- Increase the productivity of Systems Development by making appropriate use of new tools, technologies, and processes.
- Reduce risk by adopting consistent, repeatable processes, standard architectures, and well documented system design.
- Foster personal growth in all department resources.
- Standardize -> Integrate -> Automate